No. 10 IU women’s basketball meets Iowa for second game Wednesday afternoon

<p>The IU women&#x27;s basketball team lines up after the game against the University of Tennessee on Dec. 17, 2020, in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. The No. 11 Hoosiers will play the Iowa Hawkeyes at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in Bloomington.  </p>

The IU women's basketball team lines up after the game against the University of Tennessee on Dec. 17, 2020, in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. The No. 11 Hoosiers will play the Iowa Hawkeyes at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in Bloomington.

No. 10 IU women’s basketball will face Iowa on Wednesday afternoon in its second to last home game of the season. This matchup was originally scheduled for Feb. 21 before the Big Ten pushed it back to accommodate for other rescheduled games around the conference.  

The Hoosiers last met with the Hawkeyes on Feb. 7 when they secured an 85-72 win. An overall team effort on offense followed by solid defense from senior guard Nicole Cardaño-Hillary helped lead IU to victory.  

Both teams are coming off pairs of wins last week as Iowa defeated No. 12 Michigan and Wisconsin, and IU beat Wisconsin and then-No. 15 Ohio State. Iowa leads the all-time series 51-20. 

Tipoff is set for 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall and the game will be broadcasted on Big Ten Network.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.