Both IU Little 500 races rescheduled for May 26

<p>Riders line up before the men&#x27;s Little 500 race April 13, 2019, at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Both the men&#x27;s and women&#x27;s races will be May 26, and spectators will not be allowed to attend. </p>

Riders line up before the men's Little 500 race April 13, 2019, at Bill Armstrong Stadium. Both the men's and women's races will be May 26, and spectators will not be allowed to attend.

The IU Student Foundation announced Thursday that both Little 500 races will be rescheduled for May 26 in an email to riders and coaches. Previously scheduled for April 23 and 24, the women’s and men’s races will take place at noon and 4 p.m., respectively. 

“Our goal was to first and foremost keep students, as well as the campus and Bloomington communities safe, while allowing for this time-honored tradition to take place in 2021,” the email read. 

The statement also said there will be no qualifications event. Attendance at Bill Armstrong Stadium will be limited to essential volunteers, riders and coaches. There is a link on IUSF’s Little 500 website for fans who want to livestream the events.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.

Comments