SRSC to open Sunday with new hours to accommodate regular sanitation, staffing

<p>Cardio equipment lines courts that were once used for playing basketball Oct. 4, 2020, at the Student Recreational Sports Center. The SRSC will reopen Sunday with limited hours and regimented cleaning of doors, handrails, locker rooms and bathrooms. 
</p>

Cardio equipment lines courts that were once used for playing basketball Oct. 4, 2020, at the Student Recreational Sports Center. The SRSC will reopen Sunday with limited hours and regimented cleaning of doors, handrails, locker rooms and bathrooms.

IU’s Student Recreational Sports Center will open Sunday with new limited hours, according to the IU Recreational Sports website.

The SRSC activity spaces will be open 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 4 to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, according to the website. The spaces will open at the same time Friday and Saturday but will close at 9 p.m.

The Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatics Center will be open 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and 5:30-9 p.m Sunday through Thursday, according to the website. The center closes at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday.

The SRSC’s hours changed for sanitation purposes and staff hiring and training, according to the website. Hours may increase later in the semester if the SRSC staff can incorporate them safely. 

Staff will sanitize doors, handrails, locker rooms and bathrooms everyday. Students will have access to sanitation wipes to clean strength and cardio equipment individually.

IU Recreational Sports will not allow activities such as basketball, racquetball and volleyball this semester to promote social distancing, according to the website.

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.