LGBTQ+ Culture Center to educate allies on gender spectrum in Wednesday workshop

<p>The LGBTQ+ Culture Center is at 705 E. Seventh St. The LGBTQ+ Culture Center will offer a gender workshop on Wednesday. </p>

The LGBTQ+ Culture Center is at 705 E. Seventh St. The LGBTQ+ Culture Center will offer a gender workshop on Wednesday.

The LGBTQ+ Culture Center will invite allies to learn about gender identities in its virtual workshop “Intro to Gender,”  at noon Wednesday on Zoom. Interested participants can register at an IU Zoom meeting registration link.

The workshop will cover gender identities and expression, the steps to gender transitioning and what it’s like to be intersex. Anyone in or outside the trans community is invited to join. 

“This workshop is designed for beginners and does not require prior knowledge,” a description on the center’s website said.

The workshop is the second event in a five-part series with allies outside of the LGBTQ+ spectrum. The remaining events are “How to be an Effective Ally,” Social Justice 101” and “Intersectionality.”

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments