Monroe County Community School Corporation to move into ‘phase red’ Wednesday

The Monroe County Community School Corporation will move to “phase red” on Wednesday, according to a tweet from the district Monday. Students were asked to bring all learning materials home Tuesday.

Classes will continue virtually for the remainder of the year. Certain programs may vary in their learning phase depending on their needs, according to the learning status metrics determination.

Over the past week, the district has recorded around 16 COVID-19 cases among students attending in person. This is roughly 14% of the total COVID-19 cases recorded among in-person students this semester.

The announcement comes after the district moved into “phase yellow” on Nov. 30, following Thanksgiving break. After the change, middle and high school students were moved to a hybrid schedule between virtual and in-person classes. Pre-K-6 students have been attending school in person and will do so until Wednesday.

The Metrics Committee will meet over winter break to provide input on the learning phase following the break. 

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Daily Rundown.

Comments