administration

Presidential search advisory committee to hold virtual town halls for IU community, public 

news filler.jpg

The IU presidential search advisory committee will hold virtual town halls starting Oct. 22 to gather community feedback in the replacement of President MichaelMcRobbie. The committee encourages IU faculty, staff, students and the general public to participate.

The town halls seek to answer three main questions surrounding the presidential search, according to an IU press release. These questions ask what major challenges and opportunities the next president will inherit, what type of person will be best prepared to address challenges and explore presidential opportunities and what the search committee and advisory board can share with presidential candidates unfamiliar to IU and Indiana. 

Participants in the virtual town halls are encouraged to register for the session associated with their campus or community. Town halls for IU-Bloomington will be Oct. 30 from 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 2:30 p.m

Other town halls will be held throughout October and November for IU Kokomo, IU East, IU Northwest, Muncie, IU Southeast, IU-Purdue University Columbus, Fort Wayne, IU Fort Wayne and IU South Bend. IU- Purdue Univesrity Indianapolis will have two sessions from 10 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. on Nov. 6. 

Comments may also be sent to the search advisory committee at info@rwilliamfunk.com by Nov. 6. 

The advisory committee will present its report from the town halls to the search committee by Nov. 13.