sports men's soccer women's soccer little 500

IU unveils new Jerry F. Tardy Center soccer training complex

spsoccer081720.jpg

IU Athletics unveiled the new $7 million Jerry F. Tardy Center at Bill Armstrong Stadium to the men’s and women’s soccer teams Monday.

The facility is the new soccer training complex which includes team and meeting rooms along with a Little 500 bicycle support space

The complex is named for former IU Alumni Association President Jerry F. Tardy, who became alumni president in 1987 and helped fund and build Bill Armstrong Stadium before passing away in 2001.

The center is team specific, providing the men’s and women’s soccer teams with individual locker rooms and lounge spaces.

The two-story building also includes a VIP suite on the second floor overlooking Jerry Yeagley Field, interactive video displays of past IU teams and the Pfau Champions Lobby, which highlights the history of both programs.

IU plans to hold a virtual dedication of the Tardy Center in September.

"The new facility provides all the key components to help IU Soccer continue to grow and thrive in the years ahead,” IU men’s soccer coach Todd Yeagley said in a press release. “Bill Armstrong, Jerry Yeagley and Jerry Tardy all shared a special friendship and love for Indiana University. All three are honored at our soccer facility and their legacy will live on for future generations."