Monroe County extends Stage 2 of Indiana COVID-19 reopening plan through May 31

Monroe County will begin an extended Stage 2 of Indiana’s Back on Track plan when its COVID-19 stay-at-home order expires Friday night, according to a new order released Thursday by the county health department.

Stage 2 will continue locally through May 31, which is a week longer than Gov. Eric Holcomb’s plan has scheduled for the state as a whole.

“We are continually looking at data and gathering information and are carefully moving forward,” Monroe County Health Officer Thomas Sharp said in a press release.

Although the county extended the timeline, it is mostly following the plan's guidelines themselves.

Local government entities are able to set their own building and staff policies within the guidelines. Offices are encouraged to work remotely.

The county recommends religious services not take place indoors until June.

Masks are recommended but not required, and gatherings must be limited to 25 people or fewer. 

Restaurants and retail spaces can open at 50% capacity. Personal services and manufacturing will operate with restrictions. Bars and clubs, gyms and entertainment and tourism sites will remain closed.

All businesses are required to have COVID-19 reopening plans in place, according to the press release.

Stay on top of the COVID-19 and vaccination news. This weekly newsletter will package our coverage of cornavirus news, updates and the critical information you need to know.

Comments