news   |   bloomington

Bloomington to see a brief break from the rain this week

meltedfreezefest011020-1

Pieces of an ice sculpture shaped in the Bloomington script logo lay Jan. 10 outside of Peoples Park. Ice sculptures from Freezefest, which ran Jan. 6-11, melted due to warm weather and rain. Izzy Myszak

After a couple days of rainy weather, Bloomington is expected to have a break from the showers and dreary weather for a few days, according to the National Weather Service out of Indianapolis.

Most days this upcoming week will begin with haze in the morning, but meteorologist Aaron Updike said the chance of rain is low. The average high temperature this week will be in the high 40s, which is above average for this time of year, Updike said.

Chunks of ice from a sculpture carved into the script Bloomington logo lay Jan. 10 outside of Peoples Park. Ice sculptures from Freezefest, which ran Jan. 6-11, melted due to warm weather and rain. Izzy Myszak

The tentative highest temperature Bloomington may see is 57 degrees Tuesday, according to the National Weather Service. The lowest is 30 degrees Wednesday night. 

The chance for rain showers will rise Wednesday, according to Updike and the National Weather Service. There is a slight chance for snow Wednesday night into Thursday morning. Updike said a large weather system will move through this weekend, bringing back the rain and cold temperatures.

Updike said it’s difficult to predict how long the cold front moving in this weekend will last.

More in News