INSTANT RECAP: IU men's basketball downs No. 17 Florida State

spiubbrecap112519-9.JPG

FINAL: IU defeats No. 17 Florida State 80-64 behind a career-high 28 points from Devonte Green. It was an impressive win for the Hoosiers who remain undefeated on the season and head to Wisconsin on Saturday.

* Green hits a turnaround jump shot then Anderson hits an open 3-pointer. That could be the nail in the coffin as IU now leads 72-58 with 3:23 remaining.

* IU timeout: The Seminoles are one for their last seven. Green is up to 23 points and really has been the life of the offense today.

* Green makes the layup but misses the free throw. The Hoosiers are 16-27 from the line.

* Green tries to find Brunk wide open but overthrows the ball. IU leads 59-56 with 7:10 remaining.

* Green hits another 3-pointer from very deep.

* A five seconds call gives IU back the ball and then FSU is called for the tech.

* IU now only leads by three points and turned the ball over on the inbounds.

* It's now a four-point game after an FSU layup.

* IU is shooting 9-16 from the line. That might hurt the Hoosiers late in the game.

* Media timeout: IU leads FSU 47-41 with 15:53 remaining. The Seminoles came out firing in the second period but the Hoosiers have slowed down the game and held on to thee lead.

* FSU has made three 3-pointers to start the second half. It's now a six point game.

* FSU starts the second half with a made 3-pointer.

* HALFTIME: IU leads No. 17 Florida State 41-30 after Smith nails a jumper at the buzzer. Green leads all scorers with 14 points and three made 3-pointers.

* ANOTHER Green 3-pointer gives IU back the double-digit lead.

* Green makes another 3-pointer to give IU a 9-0 run and an 11 point lead.

* IU goes on a quick 6-0 run after a Smith converted and-one and Green makes a 3-pointer.

* Franklin picks up his second foul which is significant because Phinisee is out. Durham and Green will see the majority of backcourt duties in the first half now.

* A great bounce pass from Green gets TJD open who slams it home. The Hoosiers lead 22-16.

* Media timeout: IU leads FSU 20-16. Green and Franklin lead all scorers with five points a piece.

* FSU hits it's first field goal since the 16:33 mark. IU still leads 20-14.

* FSU timeout: The Seminoles call another timeout after a turnover. Durham hit a mid range jumper on the prior possession. It's now a 14-1 IU run.

* FSU timeout: The Seminoles call a timeout after a turnover. IU is on a 12-0 run over the last 4:26 and lead 16-11.

* Nice move from Franklin to split the defenders and finish through contact.

* It's a 10-0 IU run after Green scores due to a goaltending call.

* TJD scores his first bucket to give IU the 12-11 lead and the crowd is rocking.

* IU already has three turnovers compared to none for FSU so far.

* Green is headed to the free throw line to shoot three.

* Under 16 media timeout: FSU leads IU 11-7 here early. Franklin bailed the Hoosiers out on the prior possession with a made 3-pointer before the shot clock expired. It’s been a very stagnant offense for the Hoosiers thus far.

* Franklin hits the first 3-pointer of the game for the Hoosiers.

* Two turnovers already for the Hoosiers gives the Seminoles a 6-2 lead.

* Smith gets the first IU bucket of the game with a putback tip in.

* IU starts off the game with a turnover on the first possession.

* The Hoosiers win the tip and we are underway.

* IU starters: Franklin, Durham, Smith, Jackson-Davis, Brunk. FSU starters: Forrest, Walker, Vassell, Osborne, Olejniczak.

* Welcome to tonight's instant recap as IU men's basketball is set to take on No. 17 Florida State. It'll be the first true test for the Hoosiers who are out to a 7-0 start. It's also the first time IU will face a power-5 opponent.