crime & courts

Bloomington woman steals $1,000 worth of perfume, electronics and clothes from Kohl’s

A 42-year-old Bloomington woman stole over $1,000 worth of merchandise from Kohl’s at Whitehall Crossing over the weekend. 

Bloomington Police Department Sgt. Dana Cole said the woman stole $570.85 worth of merchandise from Kohl’s on Saturday and then stole $574.59 when she returned Sunday.

Cole said the woman stole Sony headphones, two Canon cameras and clothing Saturday. Kohl’s did not report these thefts to BPD until she shoplifted again Sunday.

Kohl’s loss prevention told BPD they saw the woman come in at 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Cole said. He said loss prevention watched the woman move through the makeup, electronics and clearance sections. 

Cole said the woman then went into the fitting room and came out only carrying one item. Loss prevention told BPD the woman put the items in her purse and said it appeared to be at maximum capacity.

The woman walked out of Kohl’s, and loss prevention confronted her, Cole said. He said they asked the woman to go back into the store. Cole said during the confrontation, a car drove up, the woman got inside and they sped away.

Cole said the employees found ripped tags in the fitting room. Kohl’s told BPD the woman stole another Canon camera, LORAC liquid eyeliner, JoJo Siwa one-piece pajamas and other makeup and clothing items.

Cole said the woman also stole Calvin Klein Obsession women’s perfume, Michael Kors Sexy Ruby women’s perfume and other name-brand perfumes.

BPD received the car license plate number from Kohl’s, and Cole said the investigating officer identified the woman and requested a warrant for her arrest.