crime & courts

UPDATED: Two men arrested for vandalizing Old Dutch Church

tylerprice.jpg

A suspect in the vandalism of Old Dutch Church in Ellettsville has been arrested.

Tyler Price, 25, was arrested Wednesday on preliminary charges of criminal mischief and criminal trespass and taken to Monroe County Correctional Facility. 

According to a Monroe County Sheriff Department press release, church surveillance footage showed Price and another suspect arriving at the church in a Ford Taurus around 9 p.m. Monday. The suspects vandalized the church building and other items on the property with spray paint for approximately two hours before leaving. 

The vandalism included symbols and numbers referencing the devil and anti-Semtic language. TheMonroe County Sheriff Department responded to the scene Tuesday.

The Monroe County Sheriff Department social media pages posted photos of the suspects taken from security footage and began receiving tips through phone calls and private messages, according to the release.

Sheriff department deputies were at one of the suspects' homeswhen they observed a Ford Taurus pass by, according to the release. The car matched the description of the car at the scene of the vandalism, so the officers conducted a traffic stop.

Price was driving the car, and officers identified him as a suspect from the surveillance photo. They searched his car and found 12 cans of spray paint. 

According to the release, the other suspect has been identified, and Monroe County Sheriff Department will release his name after locating him.

UPDATE: 

Gregory Silvey, 25, was arrested Thursday on charges of criminal trespass and criminal mischief, said Ryan Davis, Monroe County Sheriff Department Public Information Officer, in an email.