sports   |   men's basketball

IU men's basketball lands 2020 4-star recruit

dd654d31-0d93-4e8c-9068-d7f256b4d004-original

IU head coach Archie Miller yells at the team on the court Nov. 27 at the Cameron Indoor Stadium at Duke University in Durham, North Carolina.Jordan Geronimo, a 2020 4-star wing, committed to IU on Labor Day according to his Instagram. IDS file photo and Anna Tiplick Buy Photos

IU head coach Archie Miller has locked up his first out-of-state commitment for the 2020 class.

After taking a visit to Bloomington over the weekend, 2020 4-star wing Jordan Geronimo committed to IU on Labor Day according to his Instagram.

Geronimo is the third recruit of the 2020 class for IU, joining Bloomington High School South guard Anthony Leal and Culver Academies guard Trey Galloway.

According to 247Sports, Geronimo is the No. 22 ranked small forward in the country and No. 98 overall. Leal is ranked No. 100 overall while Galloway is No. 189 in the same rankings.

Geronimo also had offers from Boston College, the University of Georgia, Penn State, Boston University and Texas A&M University amongst others.

At St. Paul’s High School in Concord, New Hampshire, Geronimo averaged 14 PPG, 8 RPG and 3 BPG while shooting 38% from three-point range.

More in Sports