arts   |   music

Lucinda Williams to perform at Buskirk-Chumley Theater

life-lucinda-williams-finds-joy-in-ms

Lucinda Williams performs April 13 at the Fitzgerald Theater. Williams will perform live Aug. 10 at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater. Tribune News Service Buy Photos

Three-time Grammy winner Lucinda Williams will perform live at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater to celebrate the 20th anniversary of her influential album “Car Wheels on a Gravel Road.” Williams and her band Buick 6 will perform at 8 p.m. Aug. 10.

Tickets to Williams’ performance are $65 for orchestra pit seating, $55 for orchestra and lower balcony seating or $49.50 for upper balcony and bench seating. Doors for the performance open at 7:30 p.m.

“The influence of ‘Car Wheels On A Gravel Road’ is immeasurable, and it is considered one of the cornerstones of what is now called Americana,” according to the concert’s page on the Buskirk-Chumley website. “Following its release, the record was named Best Album of 1998 in the Village Voice’s annual ‘Pazz & Jop’ critics poll and received a 4-star review in Rolling Stone, while garnering critical praise throughout the press.”

Williams won a Grammy for Best Contemporary Folk Album for “Car Wheels on a Gravel Road,” as well as two others for Best Country Song and Best Female Rock Vocal Performance at other points in her career.

More in Arts