news   |   crime & courts   |   bloomington

Three people hospitalized after single car crash Saturday on Interstate 69

60895951_1056146107917064_8635647110047334400_n

A car crashed into the guardrail on Interstate 69 early Saturday morning, according to Northern Monroe County Fire Territory. Three of eight passengers were ejected from the vehicle. Courtesy Photo Buy Photos

A car crashed into the guardrail on Interstate 69 early Saturday morning and ejected three passengers from the vehicle, according to a Saturday Facebook post from Northern Monroe County Fire Territory. There were eight passengers in the car.

A silver 2004 Honda Pilot struck the guardrail in the southbound lanes just north of the Sample Road exit, according to a Facebook post from the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. The car rolled over and slid into the middle of the Interstate.

Three passengers were thrown from the back of the vehicle.

A 21-year-old man broke his leg and experienced head trauma, according to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. An IU Health LifeLine helicopter flew him to a hospital near Indianapolis.

An IU Health LifeLine helicopter flew a 21-year-old passenger to a hospital near Indianapolis, according to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office. He broke his leg and experienced head trauma. Courtesy Photo Buy Photos

Two other passengers were taken to IU Health Bloomington Hospital with non-life- threatening injuries, according to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office.

The southbound lanes of Interstate 69 closed for about one-and-a-half hours after the incident, according to the post.

More in News