arts community events

SexFest to bring condoms, cupcakes, kink, more in educational event series

cacupcakes

SexFest, a series of on-campus educational programs on sex and sexuality, begins next week for the fourth year in a row. 

A panel discussion on fetishes will take place 8 p.m. Feb. 5 at the Willkie Formal Lounge.

SexFest is now partnered with “Cupcakes and Condoms,” a recurring sexual health fair at the Indiana Memorial Union. Attendees can receive free cupcakes, contraceptives and other prizes 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Feb. 6 in the Frangipani Room of the IMU. 

The event is organized in collaboration with the student-run Sexual Health Advocacy Group, the Community Capacity for Prevention and Education, the Residence Hall Association and the IU Health Center. 

Free HIV testing will also be available at the event. 

A voguing showcase will take place at 8 p.m. Feb. 6 in the Grand Hall of the Neal-Marshall Education Center. Voguing is a dance style combining pantomiming, fashion poses and more that comes from the 1980s Harlem ballroom scene, which was primarily a black and Latino LGBTQ community.

Voguing entered the mainstream in 1990 with Madonna’s hit song “Vogue” and the premiere of the documentary “Paris is Burning,” which chronicled the ball culture of New York City. 

The last event is sexual health interactive tabling at 8 p.m. Feb. 7 at the Hoosier Den in Read Center.

Attendees of the events can take home free T-shirts reading “I Love Sex.”