IU men's basketball recruit Keion Brooks to make decision soon

Archie Miller talks to assistant coach

As many Hoosier fans know, Trayce Jackson-Davis — the No. 16 prospect in the country — committed to IU last week.

Now the next top talent on the board for Coach Archie Miller is the 6-foot-8-inch forward out of Fort Wayne, Indiana, Keion Brooks — the 22nd ranked national recruit by 247Sports. 

Similar to Jackson-Davis, Brooks said his decision is imminent.

“Within the next month or so,” Brooks said in an interview with 247Sports. “I could see myself making a decision.”

Much like the rest of the experts predicted, Brooks knew Jackson-Davis was coming to IU.

With three-star recruit Armaan Franklin and Jackson-Davis committing to IU, Brooks might be the next domino to fall, especially after the performances of Brooks and Jackson-Davis in the Nike Elite Youth Basketball League.

“I’m very good friends with both of them," Brooks said. "Me and Trayce played really well together in the EYBL."

Brooks also added that he has a great relationship with Franklin, and they’re becoming closer everyday. 

“It has an impact on my decision,” Brooks said. 

When Jackson-Davis announced his commitment to IU, Brooks was at a shoot around before his game in Danville, Indiana. When he came back to the locker room, his phone included texts from Jackson-Davis and Franklin that simply said “…” implying that Brooks should commit next. 

The next commitment might come sooner rather than later as Brooks said he likes the vibe he gets from IU. He said he feels like he’s a priority.

“IU is a great place to be,” Brooks said. “Bloomington is a great college town.”

Originally, Brooks imagined he would commit before Jackson-Davis, but that wasn’t an option when Jackson-Davis moved his commitment from April to late November. 

Some fans may be hopeful that decision does come soon because they might not be able to wait until April for another commitment, like Romeo Langford’s last season.