sports women's basketball

Women’s basketball picks up four recruits

HH7.JPG

IU women’s basketball has the 18th-ranked 2019 recruiting class according to ESPN. The ranking comes in large part because of the four recruits IU secured on National Signing Day.

Highlighting the group are two five-star recruits — Jorie Allen from Bedford, Indiana, and Mackenzie Holmes out of Gorham, Maine.

Allen is 52nd-ranked recruit by ESPN after 17.1 points per game and eight rebounds per game in her junior season. The 6-foot-1 recruit is listed as a guard and a forward by IU Athletics.

Holmes is just below Allen, ranking 53rd on ESPN’s recruiting list. She is the first women’s basketball recruit to sign out of Maine. Holmes is a 6-foot-2-inch forward that has won two state championships. She averaged 21 points, 13.2 rebounds and 5.2 blocks per game as a junior.

Joining Holmes and Allen next season will be Shaila Beeler and Arielle Wisne. 

Beeler is a guard from Indianapolis. She is a three-star recruit who helped lead Warren Central High School to a state title last season. 

During the championship run, Beeler averaged 15.2 points, six assists and three rebounds per game. 

Wisne is the tallest member of the recruiting class, coming in as a 6-foot-5 center. The Thornton, Colorado, native is a three-star recruit who averaged seven rebounds and three blocks per game last season.