News you need to know for Friday, Oct. 5

MVI_5421.MOV.23_22_59_08.Still002.jpg

IU has created a new Greek Taskforce to focus on hazing, sexual violence education. 

caBOT040518.JPG
IU President Michael McRobbie speaks at the Board of Trustees meeting April 5 in Alumni Hall.  Ty Vinson

The IU Board of Trustees also discussed an Alzheimer’s research grant and a new major. Read more here. 

IU Bloomington wins campus diversity award

Asian_Culture_Tiplick_.JPG
The Asian Culture Center is located at 807 E. 10th St. IU-Bloomington has received an award for increased campus diversity and inclusion for the fourth year in a row. Anna Tiplick

Out of 98 HEED winners, 13 schools were given the Diversity Champion distinction. Read more here. 

IU student creates short film 'Stan the Man'

MVI_5421.MOV.23_22_59_08.Still002.jpg
Bradley Kohlmeier, a senior majoring in cinema and media arts, is in the process of creating a comedic film for independent study. He is the director, editor and head producer of the short film, titled “Stan the Man.” The film involves a group of freshmen trying to fit in on their college campus.  Courtesy Photo

Bradley Kohlmeier, an IU senior, is in the process of creating a comedic film. Read more here. 

COLUMN: IU can win against Ohio State, just not on the scoreboard

IUFB_Ball State_6.jpg
Freshman running back Stevie Scott stretches across the goal line for a touchdown during IU’s game against Ball State Sept. 15 at Memorial Stadium. IU will play at No. 3 Ohio State on Saturday.  Sam House

The Hoosiers are going to lose, but the game against the Buckeyes can still yield victories. Read more here.