bloomington

Where to get a flu shot in Bloomington

flushot.jpg

Being in college means living in close quarters with those who may have contracted the flu virus. However, many locations around campus and Bloomington are offering reduced-cost vaccinations during this heavy flu season.

Here is a list of locations around Bloomington that offer flu vaccinations and at what cost to students.

IU Health Center

Cost: The price for students who have paid the health fee is $26 and $37 for students who have not paid the health fee. Cash, check, credit and debit cards are accepted.

Hours: Monday- Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Saturday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Closed Sunday

Locations: Flu shots are currently available to students at the Health Center in room 216. 

Appointment Scheduling: No appointment necessary.

Extra Information: There is a 2018 flu shot form for students to fill out online prior to an appointment. Eligibility for a flu vaccination includes employees, graduate appointees, fellowship recipients and retirees covered by an IU-sponsored medical plan at no cost.

IU Health Center walk-in flu shot clinics

Cost: Check or bursar for students.

Hours: Available through November 7

Locations and Dates: Oct. 30 2 to 4 p.m. at the Cyber Infrastructure Building, 2709 E. 10th St. and Nov. 7 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Campus Health and Benefits Fair at the Indiana Memorial Union Alumni Hall Solarium.

CVS Pharmacy and MinuteClinic 

Cost: Vaccinations may be free with medical insurance or with Medicare Part B and they also offer shots to those without insurance. There is no co-payment with most insurance plans. They also accept cash, checks and credit cards. The cost of the seasonal vaccine is $40.99 and the cost of the senior-dose vaccine is $66.99 without insurance.

Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Sunday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Locations: The closest locations to campus are at 2701 E. 3rd St. and at 4444 State Road West 46.

Appointment scheduling: Walk-ins are welcome or online appointments can be made.

Kroger Pharmacy and The Little Clinic at College Mall

Cost: Vaccinations are available at no cost under most insurance plans and may be covered as a $0 co-pay. The Little Clinic accepts cash, debit card, credit card and most insurance plans. They also recommend contacting your insurance company prior to visiting in order to prepare customers for any out-of-pocket costs.

Hours: Kroger Pharmacy hours include Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

The Little Clinic hours Monday-Friday are 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Saturday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Locations: Kroger Pharmacy locations are at 1825 Kinser Pike, 528 S. College Ave. and 500 S. Liberty Drive. 

The Little Clinic is located at 1175 S. College Mall Road.

Appointment scheduling: Walk-ins during regular hours for Kroger Pharmacy or the Little Clinic offer appointments via online or walk-ins.

MedExpress Bloomington

Cost: MedExpress accepts most major insurances and offers affordable options to those without insurance. 

Hours: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day.

Locations: 123 S. Franklin Road.

Appointment scheduling: Offers both walk-in and online appointment options.