Zeke Walker and Tyler Natee announce intent to transfer from IU

Then-freshman running back Tyler Natee, now a sophomore, runs the ball against Michigan State during an October 2016 game. Natee was one of two IU players to announce their intent to transfer to a different school this past week via Twitter.

A pair of IU football players who are listed on the team's 2017 roster have announced their intent to transfer from IU via Twitter during the past week.

On Tuesday, junior defensive back Zeke Walker announced his intention to leave IU.

Walker played all 12 games for the Hoosiers this season and started at linebacker in the Nov. 4 game against Wisconsin. In total, Walker made 11 tackles this season and recorded one pass breakup.

He played all 13 games for IU during the 2016 season as a sophomore and also blocked a punt in the win at Rutgers. Walker appeared in four games during the 2015 season, before suffering a season-ending injury. He redshirted the 2014 season.

Sophomore running back Tyler Natee announced his plan to leave IU on Wednesday. 

Natee began the 2017 season injured and did not appear in a game for the Hoosiers, though he was a two-time Scout Team Player of the Week. Last season, Natee featured on offense in IU's "Bacon and Legs" offensive package with former IU quarterback Zander Diamont.

He appeared in a total of 10 games in 2016, rushing for 237 yards on 61 attempts in those games. He recorded two rushing touchdowns and went 0-for-1 on passing attempts. 

Natee had 111 rushing yards on 18 carries and a touchdown in the win against Maryland.

The performance earned him Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors following the game, and Natee was also named a BTN.com Big Ten All-Freshman team honorable-mention pick for the 2016 season.

Cameron Drummond