In the spirit of the holidays, Bloomington will offer free parking downtown for a few select days this winter, according to a press release from the City of Bloomington.
Parking in the public garages, including those on Morton, Fourth and Walnut streets, will be free all day every Saturday in December.
All downtown parking will be free on the following dates:
- Dec. 24
- Dec. 25
- Dec. 31
- Jan. 1
These days are all recognized as holidays by the city of Bloomington.
This offer includes parking in all public garages as well as parking at the meters. Parking at the meters downtown is always free on Sundays, according to the release.
Places where you can always find free on-street parking include:
- Rogers Street from Fifth to 11th
- Madison Street from Second to Third
- Washington Street from Second to Third
- Lincoln Street from Third to Smith
- Grant Street from Second to Smith