Wednesday rundown: IUMS quarterfinal match, unlikely candidate, new campus gateway, “Motown the Musical"

Morning rundown

IUMS quarterfinal match

IU celebrates after senior defender Grant Lillard scores the first of IU's five goals against Santa Clara Sept. 30 at Bill Armstrong Stadium. IU will now begin the Big Ten Tournament Monday at 12 p.m. after a weather delay postponed the game from Sunday afternoon.
IU celebrates after senior defender Grant Lillard scores the first of IU's five goals against Santa Clara Sept. 30 at Bill Armstrong Stadium. IU will now begin the Big Ten Tournament Monday at 12 p.m. after a weather delay postponed the game from Sunday afternoon. Bobby Goddin

IU men’s soccer now knows the date and time for its Big Ten Tournament Quarterfinal match against Penn State. Read more here.

Unlikely candidate

Robert Chatlos, a candidate for Indiana's 9th District for U.S. Congress, was originally running as an Independent, but has since switched over to run as a Democrat this fall. 
Robert Chatlos, a candidate for Indiana's 9th District for U.S. Congress, was originally running as an Independent, but has since switched over to run as a Democrat this fall.  Courtesy Photo

As a truck driver for much of his life, Robert Chatlos does not consider his lack of political experience a disadvantage to his campaign for the 9th District in Indiana. Originally running as an Independent, he is now running as a Democrat, in hopes more people will hear his message. Read more here.

New campus gateway

Construction blocks the sidewalk Tuesday at Seventh Street and Indiana Avenue. IU has been constructing a $340,000 gateway on the corner.
Construction blocks the sidewalk Tuesday at Seventh Street and Indiana Avenue. IU has been constructing a $340,000 gateway on the corner. Levi Reece

A new IU gateway construction on the corner of Seventh Street and Indiana Avenue is an effort to clarify campus borders. The gateway will resemble the existing gateways at the corners of Third and Union streets, 10th Street and Woodlawn Avenue and three other locations. Read more here.

“Motown the Musical" 

While people of all ages dressed up on Halloween night, the audience members at “Motown the Musical" had the opportunity to travel back in time to the 1960s, '70s and '80s. The show opened on Oct. 31 at the IU Auditorium with singing and dancing as it told the history of a prominent musical era. Read more here.