Recently hired IU Health nurse 'no longer an employee' after social media post

banner1.jpg

A recently hired nurse at IU Health is no longer employed by the hospital system after a Twitter account linked to her posted that "every white woman raises a detriment to society when they raise a son."

Taiyesha Banks, who IU Health confirmed in a statement was no longer an employee, reportedly posted on a Twitter account with the title "Night Nurse" and the handle @tai_fieri. The account has since been deleted.

"Baker began working with IU Health as a nurse less than a month ago," a spokesperson for IU Health said. "She was still going through orientation and was not caring for patients. She had no disciplinary issues prior to this matter. "

Banks' post reportedly went on to say, "someone with the HIGHEST propensity to be a terrorist, rapist, racist, killer, and domestic violence all star. Historically every son you had should be sacrificed to the wolves Bitch." 

An unrelated tweet from Banks' reported account was quoted in article about protests surrounding Charles Murray's appearance at IU in April. 

A social media post from IU Health on Friday night said its human resources department was investigating and would take appropriate action. 

On Saturday, the hospital system released another statement saying it was investigating the authenticity of several troubling posts from the account apparently tied to Banks and that the employee would have no access to patients going forward.

IU Health announced Sunday that Banks was no longer an employee. 

Jesse Naranjo