Tuesday rundown: Bob Knight, Indiana corn, Kenneth Mosley, Chris Christie in Indy

Morning rundown

Bob Knight

Former IU basketball coach Bob Knight watches his team practice in 1992 during the NCAA West Regional in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Knight talked with Gene Keady, former Purdue basketball coach, Sunday afternoon at the Elliott Hall of Music on the Purdue campus.
Former IU basketball coach Bob Knight watches his team practice in 1992 during the NCAA West Regional in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Knight talked with Gene Keady, former Purdue basketball coach, Sunday afternoon at the Elliott Hall of Music on the Purdue campus. IDS file photo

Former IU men’s basketball coach Bob Knight joined former Purdue coach Gene Keady to talk about the state of college basketball and their personal rivalry — and friendship — Sunday afternoon on the campus of Purdue University. Read more here.

Indiana corn

If climate change continues at its current rate, Indiana could face a serious shortage of corn, Vice Provost for Research Rick Van Kooten said. IU has begun a Grand Challenge to find ways to protect the state’s most valuable resource. Read more here.

Kenneth Mosley

Kenneth Mosley as Berry Gordy and Trenyce as Diana Ross star in "Motown The Musical." The musical comes to the IU Auditorium Oct. 31 - Nov. 2 at 8 p.m. both nights.

Among his various creative occupations: acting, producing, writing and ministering, Kenneth Mosley’s most recent endeavor is playing the lead role of Motown’s founder Berry Gordy in "Motown the Musical." Mosley chatted with Indiana Daily Student over the phone about his role in the musical as well as coming to IU this week to perform at the IU Auditorium.  Read more here.

Chris Christie in Indy

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie speaks at a press conference at the Sheraton Hotel in Indianapolis on Monday. Christie was the keynote speaker at the 8th Annual Prescription Drug Abuse Symposium.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie speaks at a press conference at the Sheraton Hotel in Indianapolis on Monday. Christie was the keynote speaker at the 8th Annual Prescription Drug Abuse Symposium. Evan De Stefano

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who chairs the president’s committee on the opioid crisis, spoke at a symposium on the same topic Monday in Indianapolis. 

“This epidemic started not on our street corners, but in our doctor's offices, in our hospitals," Christie said. "We created this problem, we did. People are dying because we refuse to acknowledge the problem we created." Read more here.