Monday rundown: former IU chancellor dies, famous drummer returns, arrest in fatal crash, IUWBB at Hoosier Hysteria

Morning rundown

Former chancellor remembered for devotion to IU

Former IU dean, vice president and chancellor Ken Gros Louis died in his sleep Thursday night. He was 80 years old. To the many students and colleagues who Gros Louis connected with, he was a teacher and friend, and his dedication to the University was palpable.

“He was one of my most important mentors, but I think you would find hundreds of people who would say the same thing,” Associate Professor of Law Steve Sanders said. Read more here.

Famous drummer returns to alma mater to share tips for success

Drummer Kenny Aronoff reveals life stories, discusses music theory and shares tips on professionalism in the music industry during his meet and greet hosted by Project Jumpstart on Saturday morning in the Musical Arts Center. Project Jumpstart is a student-led initiative in the Jacobs School of Music that aims to teach music students entrepreneurial skills to take charge in their future careers in the music industry.
Drummer Kenny Aronoff reveals life stories, discusses music theory and shares tips on professionalism in the music industry during his meet and greet hosted by Project Jumpstart on Saturday morning in the Musical Arts Center. Project Jumpstart is a student-led initiative in the Jacobs School of Music that aims to teach music students entrepreneurial skills to take charge in their future careers in the music industry. Andrew Williams

Rock ‘n’ roll drummer Kenny Aronoff stood at the front of Ballantine 013 with a list of names projected behind him – Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Bob Dylan, Garth Brooks, John Mellencamp. There were more than 40 names on the list, but those were only a portion of the extremely famous artists the Jacobs School of Music alumnus played with throughout his career. 

This weekend, he was back in Bloomington to share entrepreneurial advice with Jacobs School of Music students. Read more here. 

Police arrest Bloomington man for connection to a fatal motorcycle accident

A man from Martinsville was killed in a motorcycle-car collision Thursday afternoon. Travis Wall, a Bloomington resident, was arrested for allegedly driving while intoxicated in connection to the crash. He had been arrested three times prior for allegedly driving while intoxicated. Read more here.

IU women’s basketball is all business at Hoosier Hysteria

Senior guard Tyra Buss enters Branch McCracken Court during Hoosier Hysteria on Oct. 21. Buss surpassed Denise Jackson as the all-time scorer for IU in women's program history with 1,931 points on Jan. 3 against Penn State. 
Senior guard Tyra Buss enters Branch McCracken Court during Hoosier Hysteria on Oct. 21. Buss surpassed Denise Jackson as the all-time scorer for IU in women's program history with 1,931 points on Jan. 3 against Penn State.  Evan De Stefano

For the final time in their IU careers, Tyra Buss and Amanda Cahill walked out onto the court at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall to take part in the Hoosier Hysteria festivities. Read more here.