Bob Dylan to perform at IU Auditorium

Dylan at IU Arbutus 1.jpg

While Bob Dylan’s renowned music has been taught in IU’s rock and roll history classes for years, Dylan himself is now returning to campus. IU Auditorium recently announced Bob Dylan & his band will be performing at the venue Oct. 29. 

Dylan’s music has defined folk and rock music for over five decades, influencing and inspiring generations of musicians and fans, according to the IU Auditorium website. The concert is presented by Madison House and will include special Mavis Staples, who is an acclaimed rhythm and blues singer.

The music Dylan made in 1965 and 1966 revolutionized rock music, according to Dylan’s biography on the Rolling Stone’s website. “Like a Rolling Stone,” released in 1965, was Dylan’s first hit as a performer.  

Dylan was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1989, according to Rolling Stone, and at the 1991 Grammy Award Ceremony, Dylan was given the Lifetime Achievement Award.

According to Rolling Stone, Dylan received the prestigious Polar Prize in 2000 and performed a new song, "Things Have Changed," for the soundtrack of the movie “Wonder Boys.” The song won a Grammy Award, and Dylan also received an Oscar for it.

Dylan was awarded a Pulitzer Prize in 2008 for "his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power," according to the award's website. 

Dylan, 76, is one of the oldest performers in rock still making unassailably interesting and popular albums, according to Dylan’s Rolling Stone biography. His latest album, “Triplicate,” was released in 2017. 

IU Auditorium email club members will have exclusive access to purchase tickets before the general public starting at 1 p.m. Sept. 14, according to the venue’s website. Tickets will then go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. the following day, Sept. 15.