Three bands perform at Bishop tomorrow

Three different bands will perform Wednesday at the Bishop Bar.

Super Regal, Krill and Nice Try will perform starting at 9:30 p.m. for audiences 18 and over. The cover charge is $5.

Super Regal is a Bloomington-based band composed of three members. It records most of its indie rock music at the Sound Workshop in Bloomington.

Krill is an east coast band made up of three college friends.

The band started when guitarist Aaron Ratoff and Jonah Furman met while living in Boston. They formed the band in 2010 but didn’t get serious until they graduated from college in 2012, Ratoff said.

Because Furman and Ratoff went to different colleges, it was hard to practice and perform together.

They started producing music and touring full time in 2012. They added their newest member, drummer Ian Becker, in August 2013.

The band’s performance at the Bishop is part of its tour for its 2013 album “Lucky Leaves.”

After “Lucky Leaves,” the band put out another EP, titled “Steve Hears Pile in Malden and Bursts into Tears.”

Its tour started on the east coast and has gone as far as Austin, Texas. After Indiana, the group is heading north to eventually play in Toronto and Montreal.

It will end its tour in Boston on Oct. 28.

After this tour, the band has no big plans until it travels to Europe in February, Ratoff said.

Krill will play in the UK and other European countries and hopes to release an album in February or March.

All of the touring can get repetitive, but in the end, it is a good way to see new and exciting places, Ratoff said.

“My favorite part about it is we get a good view of cool things happening in the city in an easy way,” he said.

People who book their shows usually know a lot about the towns and can give good recommendations to the band that most people traveling through the city wouldn’t get, Ratoff said.

The third band playing at the Bishop tomorrow night, Nice Try, is also originally from Bloomington.

The pop and punk band records its albums at The Witching Well in Bloomington and released its latest album in March 2013.