Column: Holiday makeup on a budget

entAudreyColumn

I know it is a bit early to be talking about holiday makeup, but I figure if stores can sell Christmas decorations now, I can talk about it.

Though department stores carry holiday gift sets from major, higher-end companies like MAC, Dior and Bobbi Brown, there are also options at a more affordable price range that are comparable in terms of quality.

Eyes Lips Face released its holiday collection at Target, and I must admit it is pretty good in regard to the colors offered and how well the colors appear on the skin.

Most products run between $5 and $10, so it’s a good way to try new colors without dropping a fortune on a high-end product.

I bought a 32-piece eye shadow pallet for $6.

In terms of the packaging, the brand upped its game. The colors are used as mosaic tiles to create a geometric pattern.

Personally, I think it is effective to use the product itself as a form of beauty. It makes the product look more expensive than it actually is.

The colors are arranged in six color schemes with four types of finishes: matte, luster, glitter and a more textured, flaky glitter.

The color payoff varies from color to color.

The luster and matte shadows have the best color, and they are rich and almost buttery to the touch.

The glitters come in second. They have decent pigmentation, but they are a bit sheer on the skin.

The more flaky glitters have almost no color payoff. However, I think they should be used more as a topcoat.

A glitter topcoat would be the best way to describe the texture. There is almost no color to the flake glitter shadow, but there is high sparkle.

All in all, I would recommend this product.

For something that costs less than two drinks at Starbucks, I think this product is worth the money.

Follow columnist Audrey Perkins on Twitter @AudreyNLP.