Academia's fascist discourse

If there’s one thing I’ve learned in college, it’s that having a Ph.D. doesn’t make you smart.

Having a doctorate can, however, mean you’re a cultural Marxist, or, in one Butler University political science professor’s case, an intolerant cultural Marxist.

This professor instructs students of Political Science 201: Research and Analysis to disregard their “American-ness, maleness, whiteness, heterosexuality (and) middle-class status” when communicating in her class.

She explains in her syllabus that students are permitted to use only “inclusive language” to communicate, as proper language usage is “a fundamental issue of social justice.”

She references a United Church of Christ conceptualization of inclusive language: “Language that is truly inclusive affirms sexuality, racial and ethnic background, stages of maturity and degrees of limiting conditions.”

You might remember the UCC as home to Reverend Jeremiah “God Damn America” Wright.

So, for instance, rather than use the word “chairman,” students must use the word “chairperson.” Rather than use the words “foreigner” or “alien,” students must use the terms “visitor from another country” or “immigrant.” Rather than “disabled person,” use “person with a disability” or “differently abled.”

Leave it to an academic to ban the word “mankind” because it’s sexist. It might seem ridiculous, because it is.

This authoritarian stranglehold on the terms of discourse is common in the supposed tolerant fairy tale that is academia. Anything considered offensive is banned.

IU-Purdue University Indianapolis scolded student employee Keith John Sampson for reading a book about the Ku Klux Klan with an “offensive” cover.  University of North Carolina banned the “offensive” term “freshman” because it’s not “gender inclusive.” I could go on.

The sad thing is, these politically correct fascists have great influence in the society, especially on the youth who think they actually learn things in gender studies classes.
Even the Indiana Daily Student has its own set of standards for what’s appropriate to publish and what’s not.

Why is academia so petrified of offending everyone?

Forget a disinterested pursuit of truth. Contemporary academia strives to reshape America in its own Marxist image: a weak social democracy with no authority in the world, devoid of white middle class citizens with traditional families. Their enemies are white Christians, heterosexuals and capitalists simply because these people have become the most powerful people on Earth.

Ironically, the very thing these word police seek to transform, the United States in its full capitalistic glory, has brought more disadvantaged people out of poverty and despair than any other country in history.

It doesn’t take a Ph.D. to figure out that not every thing a white middle-class American does is evil. Let’s stop talking like it’s true.

­— arcarlis@indiana.edu