‘Bridesmaids’ film to show in advance at Whittenberger

In association with Union Board, Universal Pictures will be offering an advanced screening of “Bridesmaids” at 8 p.m. today in the Indiana Memorial Union Whittenberger Auditorium.

The show’s admission is free, but seating is limited. Tickets are available at the Union Board office and Back Alley of the IMU.

Universal Pictures campus representative Lisa Wagner said she is very excited to bring this year’s second advanced screening to IU.

“Earlier in the semester we had the chance to show ‘The Adjustment Bureau,’” Wagner said. “It’s always fun to hold events like these because Universal is very supportive in helping promote the event.”

Produced by Judd Apatow (“Knocked Up”, “Superbad”), “Bridesmaids” stars Kristin Wiig as Annie, a maid of honor whose life unravels soon after the bride Lillian (Maya Rudolph) insists she plan pre-marital events. Now Annie must bluff her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals of matrimony with a cast of other colorful bridesmaids in tow. With only one chance to get it perfect, Annie will show Lillian and the bridesmaids just how far she’ll go.

IU is one of 70 schools with Universal student interns like Wagner. The number of advanced screenings offered is generally based on campus interest. This also helps determine which films Universal chooses to show.

“IU has promoted a total of five films this year, and we have gotten two advanced screenings,” Wagner said. “But the more students that attend events and that we can attract via our Facebook page, the more screenings we can potentially have.”