Male with 5 warrants flees police

Bloomington Police Department officers chased Aaron Sissman, 24, at 2:23 p.m. Friday after he drove off after being pulled over by BPD Officer Ben Burns , BPD Lt. David Drake said.

Burns pulled Sissman over in the 2200 block of West Third Street for reckless driving. When Burns approached the vehicle, Sissman said he did not have identification and gave the officer what was later identified as a false name, Drake said, reading from a police report. While Burns was walking back to his squad car he heard tires screech, and Sissman drove off.

Another officer arrived in a squad car and followed Sissman along with Burns. The vehicle Sissman was driving was seen rolling by itself through a trailer park, and police officers saw Sissman running through nearby woods. Sissman’s vehicle smashed into two parked cars, Drake said.

Officers pursued Sissman on foot through the woods and tackled Sissman, which led to a scuffle that inflicted minor scrapes and cuts on the officers involved, Drake said.

Sissman had three warrants for his arrest in Greene County for identification theft, check deception and failure to return to a lawful detention center, Drake said. He had two warrants in Lawrence County, one for two counts of burglary and another for probation violation.

Sissman was arrested for resisting law enforcement with a vehicle, criminal recklessness with a vehicle, false information and leaving a scene of an accident, Drake said.