Students can enjoy entertainment, support Obama at local restaurant

Students can stuff their faces and pig out for Sen. Barack Obama.\nFrom 6 to 9 p.m. today at Buffa Louie’s, students can attend an all-you-can-eat buffet to raise money for the \nObama campaign.\n“I’m not a member of anything particular,” said Eric Love, director of the Office of Diversity and Education and creator of the event. “I’m an individual who supports Barack Obama. I basically wanted to create some excitement. I wanted to do something not so much to raise money but to cause awareness.”\nStudents, faculty and the community are encouraged to come and purchase a buffet of wings, salads and drinks while registering to vote. The buffet will cost $12 for students and $15 for the general public. Buckets will also be set up so people can donate.\nAttendees don’t have to order the buffet. They can come in and purchase a drink, register to vote and donate if they’d like, Love said.\nThe main goal for the event is to register as many people to vote as possible. Members of IU Students for Barack Obama will be at the event helping attendees register for the May 6 Indiana primary. The goal is to register 100 people to vote, Love said.\n“Usually the decision is made before it reaches Indiana so we just go through the motions,” he said. “This time it could go either way so it’s important that people participate whether it’s for Hillary \nor Barack.”\nBuckets will be set out around the restaurant so participants can contribute to the campaign. Entertainment will be held throughout the night. There will be an open mic night with singers, poets and a couple of speeches. If somebody has something to say, they are welcome to speak positively about Obama, \nLove said.\nInformation will be provided about the April 7 registration deadline and early voting, which starts April 8 for Indiana, Love said.