Bengals end Chiefs unbeaten streak

Bengals 24, Chiefs 19\nCINCINNATI -- Relax, 1972 Miami Dolphins. Your undefeated season is still unmatched.\nPeter Warrick scored on a 68-yard punt return and a 77-yard touchdown catch to lead the Cincinnati Bengals to a 24-19 victory Sunday that gave the Kansas City Chiefs their first loss of the season.\nTrying to become the first team since 1998 to start 10-0, the Chiefs instead lost to the up-and-coming Bengals (5-5), who backed up their boast and finished the day tied for first.\nReceiver Chad Johnson, who repeatedly guaranteed the victory, was in the trainer's room getting an intravenous injection for cramps when Warrick made the biggest play of the Bengals' renaissance season.\nThe victory moved them into a first-place tie with Baltimore in the AFC North. The Bengals haven't been in contention this late in a season since 1990, the last time they had a winning record.\nTrent Green threw two touchdown passes in the final seven minutes, the last a 3-yarder to Jason Dunn with 3:19 to go. The Chiefs never got the ball back.\nAs Jon Kitna took the snap to take a knee in the closing seconds, Johnson stood on the field with his right index finger raised and Bengals players doused head coach Marvin Lewis on the sideline.\nMembers of the undefeated '72 Dolphins -- the NFL's only unbeaten team -- now can go forward with their annual ritual and give a toast to their distinction.\nColts 38, Jets 31\nINDIANAPOLIS -- Edgerrin James wanted the ball, and he got it.\nSo did punter Hunter Smith.\nJames ran for a season-high 127 yards and three touchdowns, and Smith raced 21 yards on a fake field goal for the go-ahead score Sunday, giving the Indianapolis Colts a 38-31 victory over the New York Jets.\nIt was a wacky day for two teams that last met in a lopsided playoff game and are led by former defensive coaches.\nSunday, the defenses seemed to disappear.\nThe Jets (3-7) and Colts combined for 862 total yards of offense, 69 points and scored on a myriad of big and strange plays -- none more important than Smith's burst late in the third quarter.\nFittingly, the Colts (8-2) also put the game away with a big play, a 35-yard completion from Manning to Reggie Wayne with 1:46 remaining.\nPanthers 20, Redskins 17\nCHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Stephen Davis scored on a 3-yard run with 1:09 remaining to help the Carolina Panthers beat his old team.\nTrying to shake off a nagging ankle sprain that sidelined him last week, Davis had 92 yards rushing on 28 carries for the Panthers (8-2), compared to the 54 yards rushing the Redskins managed.\nAfter Patrick Ramsey put the Redskins (4-6) up 17-13 with 4:19 to play on a 10-yard pass to Patrick Johnson, Davis stepped up to show Washington just what it gave up.\nEagles 28, Giants 10\nPHILADELPHIA -- Donovan McNabb threw for 314 yards and two touchdowns, and Brian Westbrook caught two TD passes and ran for a score in the Eagles' fifth straight victory.\nThe two-time NFC East champion Eagles (7-3) have won seven of eight after opening the season with two losses at home. The Giants (4-6) have lost two in a row, including an embarrassing 27-7 loss to the Atlanta Falcons last week.\nMcNabb, heavily criticized for his poor performance in the first six games, completed 24 of 30 passes for his fourth-straight solid effort and fifth career 300-yard performance.\nRams 23, Bears 21\nCHICAGO -- Jeff Wilkins kicked a 31-yard field goal with 38 seconds left to help the Rams win for the sixth time in seven games.\nMarshall Faulk ran for 103 yards and the Rams (7-3) overcame a 14-3 halftime deficit. Wilkins' third field goal came after the Rams moved 67 yards behind six completions from Marc Bulger, including a 21-yarder to Torry Holt.\nThe drive was aided by back-to-back penalties for illegal contact and illegal use of the hands on the Bears (3-7).\nBrowns 44, Cardinals 6\nCLEVELAND -- Kelly Holcomb passed for 392 yards and three touchdowns and the Browns showed no signs of disarray in their rout of the Cardinals.\nJames Jackson had two TD runs and Phil Dawson kicked three field goals for the Browns (4-6), who came into the game with three straight losses and seemingly in turmoil.\nTuesday, coach Butch Davis released leading receiver Kevin Johnson. Thursday, the NFL suspended star running back William Green four games for violating the league's substance abuse program.\nBut the Browns showed no after-effects. Arizona (3-7) didn't cross midfield until late in the first half, was outgained 235-60 by halftime and finished with just 10 first downs.\nTitans 10, Jaguars 3\nNASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Steve McNair threw for a touchdown and the defense held off the Jaguars at the goal line in the final minute for the Titans' fifth straight win.\nJacksonville (2-8) had first-and-goal needing to score to force overtime, but the Titans stopped Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala twice up the middle for losses. Scott McGarrahan tackled Cortez Hankton at the 2 after an 8-yard catch, then Byron Leftwich couldn't find a receiver in the end zone on fourth-and-2.\nThe Titans (8-2) have won 10 of the last 12 games in this series. They also snapped their string of six games with 30 or more points.\nSaints 23, Falcons 20, OT\nNEW ORLEANS -- John Carney kicked a 36-yard field goal in overtime to lift New Orleans, which rallied from a 20-3 first-half deficit.\nDeuce McAllister, held to 20 yards in the first half, finished with 173 yards and two touchdowns for the Saints (5-5). McAllister had touchdown runs of 5 and 7 yards in the rally and Carney tied the game with a 26-yard field goal.\nThe Saints got the first possession of overtime, but McAllister fumbled into the end zone, giving the Falcons (2-8) first down on the 20. Jay Feely, who kicked two earlier field goals, missed a 54-yarder, giving the Saints another chance.\nDolphins 9, Ravens 6, OT\nMIAMI -- Olindo Mare hit a 43-yard field goal with 8:48 left in overtime to lift the Dolphins.\nMare missed a 48-yard attempt wide right that would have put Miami (6-4) ahead with 2:29 left in regulation. Last month, he missed two 35-yard tries that would have beaten New England.\nNFL rushing leader Jamal Lewis lost a fumble to set up Mare's clincher. The AFC North-leading Ravens (5-5) lost their second straight. Miami limited Lewis to 88 yards on 26 carries, just the third time this season he has failed to reach 100 yards.\nTexans 12, Bills 10\nORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Tony Banks came off the bench and hit rookie receiver Andre Johnson for a 46-yard touchdown, and Kris Brown made two field goals to spark the Texans.\nBanks filled in for David Carr, who hurt his right shoulder in the first quarter.\nThe Texans (4-6) matched their win total from last year's expansion season. Buffalo (4-6) failed to score a touchdown for the third straight game, and kicker Rian Lindell compounded the problem by missing two field goals.\nBroncos 37, Chargers 8\nDENVER -- Jake Plummer made a triumphant return with the Denver Broncos. San Diego's Doug Flutie fell flat in his encore.\nPlummer showed no signs of rust in his first game in a month and the Broncos made sure there was no Flutie magic for the second straight week in a 37-8 rout over the Chargers Sunday.\nDenver (6-4) came flying out of its bye week, dominating from the start to end a three-game losing streak.\nPackers 20, Bucs 13\nTAMPA, Fla. -- Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers made it look easy against the once-vaunted Tampa Bay defense.\nPlaying with a broken right thumb and shrugging off five years of futility at Raymond James Stadium, Favre led a 98-yard second-half drive Sunday to give Green Bay a 20-13 victory over the Buccaneers.\nAhman Green finished the march with a 1-yard run that vaulted the Packers (5-5) back into the thick of the NFC playoff race. They dealt the Bucs (4-6) their third straight loss to hurt the defending Super Bowl champions' chances of getting back to the postseason.\nRaiders 28, Vikings 18\nOAKLAND, Calif. -- The mistake-prone Minnesota Vikings sure made it easy for the Oakland Raiders to forget all their off-field problems.\nPhillip Buchanon scored on a 64-yard interception return 49 seconds into the game and third-string quarterback Rick Mirer calmly directed the Raiders to a 28-18 victory Sunday. Oakland ended a five-game losing streak and sent the Vikings to their fourth straight defeat.\nDaunte Culpepper passed for 396 yards and a touchdown and ran for another score. But his mistakes far outweighed his contributions as Minnesota (6-4) lost for the second straight week in California to a team with a losing record.\nSeahawks 35, Lions 14\nSEATTLE -- Seattle coach Mike Holmgren said all week he wanted his offense to get on a roll. The woeful Detroit Lions were the perfect opponent to accommodate him.\nBobby Engram had an 83-yard punt return for a touchdown and caught a 34-yard scoring pass to help the Seahawks to a 35-14 victory over the Detroit Lions Sunday.\nThe Seahawks (7-3) improved to 6-0 at home and maintained a share of the NFC West lead with St. Louis. The win was wrapped up by halftime, when Seattle had 300 yards and a 35-14 lead.\nPatriots 12, Cowboys 0\nFOXBORO, Mass. -- Bill Belichick's Patriots showed his old boss how to really play defense.\nNew England won this much-hyped meeting of masterminds with Bill Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys, a 12-0 victory over the NFL's stingiest team Sunday night.