on the SIDELINES

Hamdan resigned by Redskins\nFormer IU quarterback Gibran Hamdan was released by the Washington Redskins Friday. On Saturday, Hamdan went to watch his younger brother play football for the first time.\nOn Monday the Redskins called Hamdan back and signed him to their five-player practice squad. \nHamdan was drafted in the seventh round by the Redskins in the 2003 NFL Draft and saw little action during the preseason. He played against New England in the second game of the preseason in which he completed three of seven passes for 29 yards.

Ramirez a healthy scratch for Red Sox\nCHICAGO -- Manny Ramirez was not in the starting lineup for Tuesday night's game against the Chicago White Sox even though he was healthy enough to play.\nManager Grady Little denied he was punishing his slugger for going out when he was supposed to be sick in bed.\n"He is available to DH today, but my decision to wait is: I like the way our club has responded the last few days," Little told reporters before the game. "I'm putting the team out there that I feel gives us the best chance to win."\nAsked if Ramirez was being disciplined, Little said: "No, I'm trying to win the game."\nRamirez called in sick for Friday night's game against the New York Yankees and was said to have pharyngitis -- the same ailment that forced pitcher Pedro Martinez to miss a start the previous week. On Saturday, Ramirez went to Fenway Park to see the team's doctor, but was sent back to bed.\nOn Saturday night, though, Ramirez was seen in the lobby of a Boston hotel with Yankees infielder Enrique Wilson, a former teammate of his from Cleveland. Wilson has confirmed that he was with Ramirez, but said it was only for a few minutes.

Bryant's attorneys ask for accuser's medical records\nDENVER -- Kobe Bryant's lawyers have subpoenaed a hospital to see his accuser's medical records -- the first indication they might make her mental health an issue if the sexual assault case against the NBA star goes to trial.\nThe subpoenas were disclosed in a court filing by a hospital in Greeley where the 19-year-old accuser was treated in February after police at the University of Northern Colorado determined she was a "danger to herself."\nCampus police have refused to say whether the woman attempted suicide, saying only that the hospitalization was for a mental health issue.