On the Sidelines

Artest suspended one game for flagrant foul points

NEW YORK -- The NBA upheld a flagrant foul call against Ron Artest and suspended the Indiana Pacers' forward for one game Sunday for accumulating six flagrant foul points.\nIt is Artest's fourth suspension of the season -- three issued by the NBA and one by the Pacers.\nArtest was banned from Arco Arena as of 90 minutes prior to tipoff of the Pacers' game against the Sacramento Kings on Sunday night.\nThe suspension comes with the Pacers struggling, having lost eight straight on the road and nine of 10 overall. After completing its four-game road trip against Sacramento, the Pacers will play five of their next six at home.\n"We need to pull together without him," Jermaine O'Neal said after Indiana's 94-80 loss to Portland on Saturday night. "But him being gone is not our problem. We've got to decide if we want to be a sixth or seventh seed, or the No. 1 seed in the East."\nNBA vice president Stu Jackson issued the suspension after reviewing the fragrant foul call.\nAs Portland's Bonzi Wells drove across the lane toward the basket, he collided with Artest, and the two bumped heads. Artest then knocked Wells to the floor.\nColts re-sign defensive lineman Scioli\nINDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Colts have re-signed defensive lineman Brad Scioli, the team announced Sunday.\nThe 6-3, 274-pound Scioli had his best season as a professional last year, recording career-high with 76 tackles and seven sacks.\nPhone messages left Sunday at the office of Scioli's agent, Brett Senior, were not returned.\nSt. Bonaventure president resigns over troubled men's team\nBUFFALO, N.Y. -- St. Bonaventure President Robert Wickenheiser resigned Sunday, another part of the fallout surrounding the troubles of the school's men's basketball program.\nThe university's board of trustees, which unanimously sought Wickenheiser's resignation, also placed athletics director Gothard Lane and head coach Jan van Breda Kolff on administrative leave. Lane had already been notified last month that his contract would not be renewed once it expires May 31.\n"The board believes the actions it took today and those actions it will continue to take will begin a process of healing and strong and appropriate leadership," the trustees said.