IU ready for second exhibition

Just one problem faced the IU men's basketball team following the 41-point win over Athletes in Action last Friday night. The team went into Monday's practice with less focus and more ego.\nBut as practice progressed this week, the Hoosiers found their focus and hope to contain it for tomorrow's exhibition game.\n"The only thing scary out of Friday night's game is that our guys came back a little bit big-headed on Monday," IU coach Mike Davis said. "Really, AIA is a good team, don't get me wrong. But they don't count."\nNeither does the Nike Elite, who the Hoosiers face at 8 p.m. Saturday in Assembly Hall. But that doesn't mean IU wants anything less than a large victory.\nBut they face a Nike Elite team that has been on a whirlwind tour of college campuses since the early part of November. The team is slowly migrating west, but has yet to pick up a win. The Nike Elite has lost to Marquette, Syracuse, Massachusetts, Penn State and Ohio State.\nBut playing in college arenas is nothing new for the Nike Elite. Their roster is made up of former college standouts, including former Maryland player Exree Hipp and former Iowa State guard Dedric Willoughby. The team, who faced Michigan State Thursday night, dropped a game last Tuesday to the Buckeyes 73-59.\n"I hear that this team we're playing is much better than the team we played this Friday," freshman guard Bracey Wright said. "I don't know if they'll be as healthy or as rested, but I think Saturday will be a bit more of a challenge for us. But if we come out the same way we played Friday, with the same intensity, we'll be all right."\nBut the Hoosiers didn't feel the need to make many adjustments following last Saturday's blowout. After Monday's lackluster practice, IU regained their focus and worked on cleaning up offensive plays a bit and improving on transition defense.\nNot that the Hoosiers have much to worry about following last Friday's 97-56 routing of AIA. IU showed that the focus on the three-point shot has not wavered much, and was 18-for-35 beyond the arc. The more than 50 percent three-point shooting was even better than the overall field goal percentage, which was just more than 49.3 percent.\n"I know that I had some defensive plays that could have been better," senior guard Kyle Hornsby said. "It wasn't terrible but I know that I can get a lot better. As far as offensively, I think 7-for-8 is good, but if someone is shooting 7-for-8, then he should be shooting more shots."\nHornsby was the leading scorer for the Hoosiers last Saturday, picking up 20 points and going 6-for-7 from beyond the arc. \nOther notable offensive standouts last week included Wright, who tied with senior point guard Tom Coverdale and senior forward Jeff Newton, for 15 points.\n"I looked at the box score, and it's good to see we were the only team that beat (AIA) by a lot," Davis said. "But hopefully we can make shots like we did that night and that's a big part of our offense"