Around The Game

Water polo falls short\nThe IU women's water polo team came up short this weekend in revenge games against Princeton and Michigan. The Hoosiers (11-11) dropped both matches at home while defeating Purdue's club team. IU fell 11-6 to Princeton and 9-7 to Michigan, but beat Purdue, 10-0.\nWrestlers empty handed\nThe IU wrestling team was represented by senior Viktor Sveda, junior Greg Schaefer, sophomore Coyte Cooper, and freshman Pat DeGain in the NCAA tournament this weekend. None of the wrestlers picked up a national championship or gained All-America status, despite strong efforts.\nSwimmers place nationally\nSelect members of the men's swimming team finished the week-long U.S. Nationals competition in 33rd place Saturday. The team, competing as the club squad Indiana Aquatics, swam against a field that boasted 15 Olympians as well as top collegiate swimmers. The Hoosiers finished with 28.5 points overall.\nWomen's swimming: Best-ever IU finish\nThe IU women's swimming and diving team's season-long success ended at the NCAA Championships in Austin, Texas, with a best-ever school finish of 10th. IU accumulated 136 points over the three-day event to finish in a 10th-place tie with Arizona State. The Hoosiers were the top-finishing Big Ten team as Wisconsin (84 points) finished 14th and Big Ten champion Penn State (46 points) finished 21st. Auburn won the championship with a total of 474 team points.\nMen's tennis sustain loss\nThe men's tennis team lost to No. 7 Notre Dame, 6-1, Saturday at the Indiana Tennis Center. The Hoosiers returned to Big Ten play Sunday, and fell to Iowa, 5-2. The Hoosiers are (6-8, 0-2), and have lost their last five matches.