Team braces for big 4-game series

Hoosiers must rebound after slow conference start

Another weekend means another pair of talented opponents for the softball team. \nTwo weeks into Big Ten play, the Hoosiers (12-25, 2-6 Big Ten) are behind in their quest to reach the Big Ten tournament. This weekend, IU looks to get back on track against two teams in the upper-echelon of the conference. \nThe Hoosiers play Ohio State (29-12, 3-3) in doubleheader action beginning at 2 p.m. today at the IU Softball Field. Then, IU welcomes Penn State (21-15, 3-3) for single games at 2 p.m. Saturday and 1p.m. Sunday. \nThe Hoosiers said they view this weekend as an important opportunity to make up ground in the Big Ten standings.\n"We need to come out and play a lot tougher this weekend," second baseman Heather Suca said. "Obviously, we need to start winning some games if we want to make the Big Ten (tournament)."\nIf the Hoosiers are to master Ohio State, must go through the Buckeyes' star pitcher, sophomore Katie Chain, the reigning conference Pitcher of the Week. \nChain is coming off a week in which she tossed a no-hitter against Miami (Ohio) April 3, and struck out 16 batters in 14.2 innings of work.\nWhen the Nittany Lions invade Bloomington, the Hoosiers hope to get revenge. When the teams met at University Park last season, the Lions swept the Hoosiers in the two-game series, outscoring IU 24-1.\n"They beat us pretty bad last year, so we are going to want some revenge," Suca said. "We know we can beat them"