University better off when Knight was here

It's about time. The Bob Knight era has come to a close. Now people can look at IU for the other things we do great here … Oh, that's right ' there isn't anything. The latest rankings by U.S. News and World Report placed IU in the second tier of colleges, so we aren't opening any eyes academically. \nThe football program is really going to bring people in. I actually had someone ask me this summer if Indiana had a football team. And after an opening day loss to North Carolina State, they won't be turning any heads. \nBob Knight was IU. It is sad to say. I mean, I have enjoyed the run of our soccer team the past couple years, but soccer doesn't bring the press to Bloomington. Without Bob Knight, nobody cares. People will argue with me saying this is an academic institution and it isn't about basketball. To those people, I have a question: Where was IU before Bob Knight ' in a better or worse place? And to Mr. Brand, maybe you should answer that question, too. He turns out quality people, quality basketball teams, and he says it like it is instead of masking things in a pathetic attempt to be politically correct. I am asking the student body to call all members of the faculty by either their first names or only their last names. Walk up to your president and say, "What's up, Brand?" I think, after a while, he will see the disrespect.\nMy parents raised me to respect others, especially those older than me, but that obviously is not true for some members of this year's freshman class. So don't harass Mr. Harvey; he has to live with himself knowing that he was the one responsible for removing perhaps the greatest coach of all time and definitely the greatest thing to happen to IU ever. And finally, enjoy the basketball team this year, if we even have one, because next year I would expect to see a lot, and I mean a lot, of walk-on players. I'm going to start training now.