The Rock rules on 'Raw is War'

"Finally, The Rock has come back to Greensboro!" \nThose were the words that Duane Johnson, better known as World Wrestling Federation superstar The Rock, shouted Monday night in front of a sold-out crowd for Monday Night Raw in Greensboro, N.C. Raw, the highest rated show in cable television history, was pushed back from its usual time slot of 8-10 p.m. because of the U.S. Open Tennis Championship. But this did not stop the show from beating its leading competitor, Monday Night Nitro, in ratings for the 90th week in a row. \nConsidered by some to be a male soap opera, the show that appears every week on USA network has revolutionized the term "sports entertainment." \nWWF Commissioner and best-selling author Mick Foley; a.k.a. Cactus Jack; a.k.a. Mankind; a.k.a. Dude Love, began the show that followed the WWF's hit pay-per-view event, Sunday night's Summer Slam. After making an appearance and booking all of the matches that will take place on Raw, the festivities were ready to begin.\nChris Jericho, known to wrestling fans as Y2J, made his way to the ring jamming to his theme music. Jericho was teamed up with the Acolytes, a wrestling tag team. The three were to go up against Chris Benoit and T & A, a sexual innuendo for the wrestlers known as Test and Albert. Benoit and T & A appeared to have the advantage because of their manager and former fitness guru, Trish Stratus, a sex symbol not normally known for her wrestling moves. The match went back and forth until Jericho was able to perform his moonsault, an acrobatic wrestling move in which he backflipped off the middle rope of the ring onto Albert, sealing the victory.\nAfter this match, the soap opera slowly started to progress. The legitimate 1996 freestyle wrestling Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle had recently been feuding with Triple H over Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley, daughter of WWF Chairman Vince McMahon. \nMcMahon-Helmsley is the "wife" of Triple H, as long as you know that the people on "Days of our Lives" and "General Hospital" are not really married. As the feud between Angle and Triple H continues, other wrestlers get thrown into the mix of things. To add to this drama, Chyna went into the locker room to comfort Triple H. Chyna told Triple H that he just needed to trust Stephanie, who according to the wrestling world had not been around for the last 24 hours. As Chyna and Triple H hugged in appreciation for one another, Chyna's boyfriend, Eddie Guerrero, walked in on the action. Unhappy by this unpleasant site, Guerrero began arguing with Triple H.\nNext to the ring was the comical part of the evening. Tag team champions Edge and Christian made their way to the squared circle, another name for wrestling ring, and pretended to thank the Hardy Boys and Dudley Boys for the effort they gave the previous evening at the pay-per-view. Inviting the Hardy Boys out, the two high-flying, acrobatic wrestlers were mocked by two midgets dressed to look just like them. \nI must admit the two guys were Mini-Me's compared to the Hardy Boys. Then, in a surprise move the Dudley Boys music came on. With the Dudley Boys helping publicize the federation at WWF New York, a popular new bar in the Big Apple, it was quite a surprise to both fans and wrestlers. But Edge and Christian got the last laugh as the tag team champions had cloned yet another tag team duo with miniature replicas of the infamous Dudley's. It was the most lighthearted part of the evening for the WWF. \nThe love triangle between Triple H, Angle and McMahon-Helmsley then became sidetracked as Angle talked Guerrero into taking on Triple H. Guerrero took control of the match early, but Triple H then turned the tides. He had the match won and was about to pedigree Guerrero, when Angle stormed down the ramp and into the ring, slamming Triple H in the head with a steel chair. He then hit Guerrero with the chair, flooring the two adversaries. This will not be the last that we hear about this saga.\nThe most important part about Raw is War is the main event. Rather than tune in to watch Monday Night Football, it was time to smell what the Rock was cooking. In a see-saw battle between the People's Champion, The Rock, and the 7 foot, 330 pound Kane, the Undertaker, Kane's brother, rode out on his Harley Davidson and choke slammed (exactly the way it sounds) his brother, sealing the match for The Rock. The Undertaker and Kane had not been getting along very well the past few weeks. This opened a window of opportunity, opened by the Undertaker, allowed for The Rock to keep his title belt. \nThis is all the excitement that happens in just a two-hour episode of Monday Night Raw. But each week it seems to get better and better.