Local gym relocates to Kirkwood

Kelly McCormic Bangs, KMB's booking manager and instructor, helps to correct a student's form during a class in the new location at Fountain Square Mall.

The KMB Studio for Music and Movement has moved to a new location in Fountain Square Mall on Kirkwood 
Avenue.

The studio, which offers a range of music and movement classes, was previously located in a smaller building on College Avenue.

“It was really important for us to be on Kirkwood and be more a part of this community,” said Kelly McCormick Bangs, the studio’s booking manager and 
instructor.

Bangs said her barre fitness class will likely be most popular among IU students.

“I’ve developed a method of training that incorporates what I know best from physically training myself for 20 years,” said Bangs, who is also a professional dancer. “I used the science of kinesiology to make this super effective and efficient workout that wraps everything into one hour.”

Students do not need to bring anything to the class. Towels, water and mats are provided. They don’t even need to wear tennis shoes, which are not allowed on the studio’s mat.

“Barefoot training is really integral to what I do,” Bangs said. “We use our feet a lot.”

The first class is free to any new student. Walk-ins are $15, and the student unlimited special is $95 a month. The maximum number of students is 20 per class, but most sessions only have 10.