Lotus Festival line up announced

The line up for the 2015 Lotus World Music and Arts Festival has been announced and will include bands from countries including Finland, Turkey, Brazil and more, according to a press release.

The festival, which is in its 22nd year, will take place downtown Sept. 24-27.

Tickets for the festival will be available for purchase beginning Aug. 1 online at bctboxoffice.com, in person at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater Box Office at 114 E. Kirkwood Ave. or via phone at 812-323-3020.

A preliminary schedule of events, which is still subject to change, includes a festival exhibition from Aug. 28 to Sept. 26 at the Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center with a gallery talk on Sept. 10 by Joan Hart, Ph.D., before the festival kick-off on Thursday, Sept. 24 with a performance by Baltic Crossing and Sierra Maestra, according to the release.

Other bands scheduled to appear at the festival include Nano Stern from Chile, Martha Redbone Roots Project from the U.S., Kardemimmit from Finland, Ester Rada from Israel and Ethiopia, Simdi Ensemble from Turkey and more.

Those interested in volunteering at the event may apply at the festival’s website. The priority deadline for applications is Aug. 11.

Sponsors for this year’s festival include Bloomingfoods Market and Deli, Blueline Media Productions and IU-Bloomington, according to the release.

More information about the festival will be released in early August. For schedule updates, artist description and more information, visit lotusfest.org.

Holly Hays