IU announces spring football game

Members of the IU football team celebrate during the game against Purdue on Nov. 29, 2014. IU's spring game will be April 18.

The first chance for the public to get a look at the 2015 IU football team will be at the Cream & Crimson Spring Game, announced to take place at 2 p.m. April 18 at Memorial Stadium.

IU Coach Kevin Wilson announced his team’s spring practice schedule, which will begin Saturday, March 26. The team will conclude its spring session and kick off Little 500 weekend Thursday, April 23.

“Our Spring Game crowds have been awesome,” Wilson said in a statement. “We will continue to hold our Youth Clinic before the game, have some live music and offer a bunch of family-friendly activities around The Rock. We’re also looking forward to closing out the spring with the IU Football Pre-Little 500 Bash. Fans can come out and tailgate, watch some football and get ready for the best college weekend in America.”

The Hoosiers will have 15 practices throughout March and April.

“We have had a very solid winter cycle and made significant strides in the weight room, in our conditioning and in our team chemistry,” Wilson said. “We are very much looking forward to returning to the field and getting started on the 26th.”

Sam Beishuizen