New Indiana State Police officers assigned to Monroe County

Zachery Parker is named one of the four troopers assigned to Bloomington.

Four new Indiana State Police officers were assigned to the Bloomington district last week.

Troopers Jeremy Cox, Matthew Harris, Cory Knight and Zachery Parker graduated from the Indiana State Police Academy last month.

The troopers have started their 14 weeks of field training with experienced troopers, according to the Indiana State Police press release.

Upon completion of the program, they will receive patrol cars and begin patrol responsibilities.

Cox is from Monroe County and graduated from Edgewood High School in 1996.

He is currently a sergeant with the 438th Signal Company in Greenfield, Ind., of the Army National Guard and has served for four years, according to a press release from the state police. His primary assignment of patrol will be Lawrence County.

Trooper Matthew Harris will be assigned to Monroe County, according to the release.

Harris is a native of Hendricks County and was homeschooled through high school. He attended Ivy Tech for two years.

Trooper Cory Knight is a Johnson County native and 2012 graduate from Speedway High School. He has served in the National Guard as a military police officer.

Knight’s primary patrol assignment will be Lawrence County, according to the release.

Trooper Zachery Parker is a Rush County native and 2011 graduate from Knightstown High School. He has served with the Morgan County Sheriff’s Department as a jailer. While at the ISP Academy, Parker earned the Superintendent’s Award, given to the recruit who finished first overall. Parker’s primary patrol assignment will be Greene County.