Meet the elected members of the 2014-15 Panhellenic executive board

The 2014-15 Panhellenic Executive Board was voted in Nov. 13 at gavel elections. Candidates applied for their desired position and were interviewed by the current Panhellenic board. Both slated and run-off candidates gave a speech and had someone speak on their behalf in front of Panhellenic delegates, 2013-14 Vice President of Communications Lexi Strafford said. The new board members will transition Dec. 2 and begin their term in January.

Margaret ?Hensley

Year: Junior

Chapter: Alpha Gamma Delta

Position: President

What she hopes to accomplish: “As the previous director of Safe Sisters and being a counseling minor, I have seen an overarching need for mental health promotion and awareness within our greek community and campus at large. I hope to not only provide education for our community but have the greek community help spread awareness to the campus as a whole. This can not only combat our need for mental health education but helps to promote a safer environment and culture of care on our campus.”

Hadley Catron

Year: Junior

Chapter: Theta Phi Alpha

Position: Vice president of chapter development (formerly vice president of extension)

What she hopes to accomplish: “Throughout the past few years, many solutions have been implemented to ensure more women receive bids. I would not only like to expand on the implementation of these solutions, such as extension and live-out policies, for the future, but also focus on the education of the PHA (Panhellenic Association) community, the IU community and parents in what efforts the PHA community and its chapters are taking to improve the issue at hand.”

Rebecca Rabin

Year: Junior

Chapter: Sigma Delta Tau

Position: Vice president of finance

What she hopes to accomplish: “As vice president of finance, I hope to integrate the treasurers of all chapters. I want to form a new community for these officers, in addition to the larger greek community. I also hope to flow more money into our relationship with other groups on campus as well as the Bloomington community.”

Ali Oppel

Year: Sophomore

Chapter:  Alpha Omicron Pi

Position: Vice president of communications

What she hopes to accomplish: “I would love to help continue to unite the greek community and those outside of it by reaching out to the other greek counsels, non-greek organizations at IU and also other locals in the Bloomington community.”

Katie Nobbe

Year: Junior

Chapter: N/A — Rho Gamma

Position: Vice president of community involvement

What she hopes to accomplish: “I will continue to expand sustainability in the greek community and I will spread awareness about PHA’s newly adopted philanthropy, Circle of Sisterhood.”

Jillian Sutton

Year: Junior

Chapter: N/A — Rho Gamma

Position: Vice president of risk management

What she hopes to accomplish “I want to bring the community together to protect and help each other prevent risks such as sexual assault, alcohol- and drug-related incidences, or even mental health issues. Rather than working as individual chapters, the greek community can have a much larger impact when working as a whole.”

Bella Shu

Year: Junior

Chapter: Kappa Delta

Position: Vice president of personal development

What she hopes to accomplish: “To help every woman in our greek community feel loved, cared for and valued. Our four college years are such a pivotal time in our lives. Our environment and experiences help mold us into the women we want to become. I want to help create a greek environment where every woman is inspired to become the best version of herself.”

Monica Dirk

Year: Junior

Chapter: N/A — Rho Gamma

Position: Vice president of recruitment

What she hopes to accomplish: “During my term, I plan to improve the informal recruitment process, open a community-wide conversation on pledge class quotas and collaborate with other campus organizations such as RPS (Residential Programs and Services) to increase the efficiency of formal recruitment.”

Allie ?Dickmann

Year: Sophomore

Chapter: Pi Beta Phi

Position: Vice president of leadership development

What she hopes to accomplish: “The greek community has the capacity to develop some of the strongest leaders on campus and beyond. As vice president of leadership development, I intend to help chapters and their fellow members channel both their individual and collective passions into a greater leadership presence.”