State-wide, local midterm elections this November

Just 10 weeks from today, Americans will have another general election for which to vote.

Americans will hit the polls again Nov. 4 to decide who will fill a slew of national and local positions. The general election is called a midterm election, as it falls halfway through a presidential term. Many congressional seats are up nationwide, including all nine United States Representatives from Indiana.

In total, 362 elections will take place across the state, including the federal representatives , all 100 state representative seats , 25 state Senate seats , secretary of state , auditor , treasurer , 39 circuit court judges , 86 superior court judges for various counties , 91 prosecuting attorneys  and nine small claims court judges.

Voters in Bloomington will choose who to elect for the national and state positions, as well as three seats on the Monroe County circuit court bench, circuit court clerk, prosecutor, county recorder, assessor, two county council seats, township trustees, township advisory board and two Monroe County Community School Corporation board seats.

All Indiana voters will also vote on the retention of state Supreme Court Justices Loretta Rush and Mark Massa, Court of Appeals Judge Rudolph Pyle and Tax Court Judge Martha Wentworth.

To register to vote and to see a list of candidates on each precinct’s ballot, visit indianavoters.in.gov.  For information and ballot requests for Indiana absentee voting, visit the Voter Information Portal at in.gov/sos/elections  or your state’s voting website.