Aaron Carter to perform at the Buskirk-Chumley

entCarter

Aaron Carter is making his comeback to the music scene.

On Oct. 8, Carter will bring the SimplyLive Entertainment Presents: The After Party Tour to the Buskirk-Chumley Theater.

The show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $15 for general admission and $65 for VIP
access.

VIP ticket holders will receive a signed photo and memorabilia, as well as the opportunity to meet and get a picture with Carter.

Carter has been in the musical spotlight since he was 7 years old, when he sang for the band Dead End.

He didn’t earn his big break until a couple of years later, when he opened for brother Nick Carter’s band, the Backstreet Boys, at their 1997 Berlin concert.

Carter’s first solo, self-titled album was released in December 1997 and was certified gold in Norway, Denmark, Spain and Canada, among other countries.

Carter saw greater success with his sophomore release, “Aaron’s Party (Come Get It).”

The album was certified triple platinum, selling more than 3 million copies in the U.S.
The album spawned hit singles like “Aaron’s Party (Come Get It),” “I Want Candy” and “That’s How I Beat Shaq.”

SimplyLive Entertainment, a production company founded by IU junior Brett Bassock, is presenting the Bloomington concert.

Bassock said this is Carter’s first concert tour in almost 10 years, and it’s been going extremely well so far.

After taking such a long break from performing and releasing new music, Bassock said this tour is the start of a brand new career for Carter.

“From what I know, Aaron hopes that these series of tour dates can help relaunch himself into relevancy again and reboot his career in a respectable manner,” he said.

— Carolyn Crowcroft