The Hoosiers are off until Saturday, due to finals week, but will host North Carolina Central on Saturday. NCC was the 1989 Division II national champions and is in a transition period from DII to DI basketball.

The Eagles (2-7) have recorded wins against NC Wesleyan and Carver Bible College (big RPI boost there). Notables losses include defeats at the hand of North Carolina (47 points), Miami (30) and Iowa (10).

Here is somewhat of a season preview on NCC, a team that won four games a year ago. Not exactly great PR for the Eagles.

Other tidbits:

• Golden State Warriors coach Don Nelson is back after battling pneumonia. In his absence, assistant coach and former IU player Keith Smart filled in. Smart is 3-7 on the year while filling in as head coach.
  • The Los Angeles Clippers used a 20-2 run to help pull off a come-from-behind victory against the Washington Wizards, 97-95, last night. Eric Gordon went for 29 points (10-of-15 shooting) and is averaging just shy of 18 points in an injury-plagued season.
  • At last night's radio show, Tom Crean addressed the question of bringing in a big man (something discussed a few days ago here on the Hoosier Hype). Our friend from the HT, Dustin Dopirak, has a nice write-up on what Crean said on the matter.
  • IUHoosiers.com just posted an update and a recent photo gallery of the Basketball Development Center. The completion date for this facility is being projected, quite vaguely, for the spring. It was originally expected to be completed in October or November of this year.
  • Four-star junior guard Jeremiah Davis was among the visitors at the IU-Kentucky game. I was quite impressed with Davis when I saw him play at an AAU event this summer. IU and Michigan State are among his favorites.