• IU recruit Jordan Hulls and Bloomington High School South are looking to finish a perfect 26-0 season in tonight's 4A state title game at Conseco Fieldhouse. Hulls, who many are saying is a lock to become the 2009 Indiana Mr. Basketball, will lead the 25-0 Panthers up against 25-1 Fort Wayne Snider. The Class 3A title game begins at 6:00 p.m., so expect a tip-off around 8:00 or 8:15 p.m. Click here to watch the game stream lived on the IHSAA Web site, or check out the list of Indiana channels that will be airing the games.
  • As I mentioned in the previous post (under comments), five-star junior Dominique Ferguson is likely to re-open his recruitment, according to his father, Deon. The elder Ferguson told the Louisivlle Courier-Journal that his son, a Kentucky commit and Indy Lawrence North star, "has a lot on his mind right now" and there is "a strong possibility" that he will open things back up. Ferguson, a 6-foot-9 forward, committed to UK just weeks after Tom Crean took the IU job, so he likely does not have much of a relationship with Crean. We will try to track down Dominique and his father should he decommit.
  • Coach Crean was spotted at the Class 2A state finals game this afternoon, according to InsideTheHall, a game in which Fort Wayne Bishop Luers came away with their second straight championship. What makes this interesting is that Luers is led by five-star junior and Ohio State commit DeShaun Thomas. Thomas, who had 34 points and 15 rebounds this afternoon, has long been committed to Ohio State, but multiple times has been rumored to be re-opening his commitment. Each rumor has been met with either no comment, or affirmation of being committed to Ohio State. Thomas is ranked No. 8 in the nation according to Rivals.com. Check out this report former IDS basketball beat reporter and current EIC Michael Sanserino had on him from a January 2008 IU-Illinois game.